Calibration or levelling of the printer bed

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Ray, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Hi All,

When doing the bed levelling I noticed that the back of the bed is about 0.4mm lower than the front, thus whilst printing when the head move front to back the z axis is constantly active.

My question here is should the bed be levelled using the 4 corner screws to try and minimise this height difference?

I know the original design had springs in the corners which would allow easy height adjustment, whats the process to level the bed if it is suggested to do so?

Regards

Ray

2. 69charger

69charger Active Member

I placed some of the small plastic spacers under the heated bed PCB. (So from bottom to top: standoff, washer, plastic spacer, PCB, washer, screw). That way I was able to just level the bed by tightening the screws and squashing the spacer a bit.

3. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Great idea (although I didn't have any spare spacers), although I am sure I can find something that will do.

I was just hoping that the instructions would cover topics like this, I realise that auto bed leveling is a feature that should compensate for this, but surely its better to have an almost flat bed to start with.