Can I run 1 volcano and 1 v6 on a BB 1.1 dual?

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Jaysen DAYDREAMn, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Jaysen DAYDREAMn

Jaysen DAYDREAMn Well-Known Member

I just received the mixed up heat blocks that came with my kit and can finally resume assembling my BB.

I have parts for volcano now and v6.

V6 is apparently better for fine prints and Volcano prints are much more durable but not really as pretty.
    Since I have a dual can I run the direct as v6 and the bowden as Volcano and essentially have the best of both worlds? Is this physically feasible? Also, will it work in the software?

Thank you in advance for your help...:)

Old_Tafr likes this.
  2. Jaysen DAYDREAMn

3. Jaysen DAYDREAMn

Is this possible?
    wouldn't this give you the best of both worlds?

The v6 direct and the volcano Bowden?

4. corey

corey Well-Known Member

5. Jaysen DAYDREAMn

Corey, Thank you for the input. i have been kind of following that thread... So, what would you do in my shoes? Finish the build as volcano or as v6 hybrid and then when the direct titan mod is sorted out print those parts? Which would you choose? I have a decent assortment of nozzles for both. for v6 I have 2 fun packs and for volcano I have .40, .60, .80,1.0 i think...

6. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

It really depends on what you want to produce. For small intricate items the standard hotend may be best but Volcano comes into its own on large objects and where speed over quality of finish is more important. I have stuck with the standard kit but will have the Volcano setup when I convert to Chase Wichert's dual Titan design as this allows for easier change from one to the other or even one of each.

Jaysen DAYDREAMn likes this.
  7. Jaysen DAYDREAMn

Mike, I really like the idea of 1 of each.

Old_Tafr likes this.
  8. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

I print with just the left hand extruder on my dual, the idea of having a Volcano on the rh side appeals too. For single colour printing of objects nowhere near the size of the print volume then the choice between the two without major re-assembly has a lot of advantages.