Can I run multiple copies of Simplify3D each with own config?

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Old_Tafr, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

As I'm still at the forming and storming phase of forming-storming-norming-performing ......... I'm looking at various configs for s3d. I can probably have the various configs all in the one install but that would lead at the moment to more confusion not less.

So, apart from possible licencing issues is there a way to run multiple copies of s3d each with its own totally separate config?

2. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean. other than the firmware configuration isn't everything else in the Profile Settings? You can have as many profiles as you want, name them well (PLA 15%Infill No Supports, XT 0%Infill Brim, No Fan etc) and just pick them from the drop down.

3. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

Assume I don't have , can't configure, don't want, more than one profile, and take it from there.

4. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

It's a poor analogy but it's a bit like asking 'Can I install multiple copies of Microsoft word so I can have one for each document I want to open'.

I don't know if it can be done because there'd be no point in trying to do it.

5. Kick2box

Kick2box Well-Known Member

Try to do it by installing for different users perhaps, don't have it and don't know where it's putting the setups.

6. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Same story here, get in touch with the profile management. It is strange, not straight forward and sometimes confusing. There's nothing we can change about that at the moment.
    You can install and use S3D on up to two computers at the same time. If you want to switch just deactivate your license and activate at another computer.

I don't see any use of having two separate instances, all interesting setting are in the profiles.

Again: get used to the profile management.

BTW Silc3r has a similar management, you have profiles, if you change them you can save them or make a new one with those settings. Maybe S3D copied that? Still I think the profile management has to be improved. What I want is something like a base profile which is not touched, which I cannot touch with the normal process settings, maybe only in a profile manager or something...

mike01hu likes this.