Cancelling print job with T2 selected...

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Ntesla66, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Ntesla66

Ntesla66 Active Member

Has anyone had a crash (kind of like "Wham! stomp stomp stomp @T1 position, drop tool") when cancelling a print job from the print paused position? I think it's hanging on the Z and skipping steps. Maybe the "paused" position should be moved out away from the tool line.

2. Paul Arden

Paul Arden Well-Known Member

I haven't had this but I have had a case where it simply refused to pause at all and I had to do a reset instead. The other thing I am wondering is what is the best method for getting the tool off in those situations. So far homing C and holding the tool when it pops off is the only useful way I found.

3. Andy Cohen

Andy Cohen Well-Known Member

I think Homing C is the only way. Which makes the Paneldue at the machine a problem since it cannot home C.

4. blarbles

blarbles Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm beginning to regret the Paneldue purchase. Maybe the way to go is Raspberry Pi with touch screen that points at the Duet web interface.

5. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Can't it be coaxed by recompiling the source to achieve the requirement? It's always seemed like PanelDue support has been a distant second in importance to having the mainboard perform its job.

6. Ntesla66

Ntesla66 Active Member

Simply write a macro with "G28 C". I've a PanelDue on my FrankenPrinter but have not added one to this platform yet. I use it less than I thought I would but when I do, I use it for the pause/restart/cancel function and/or to move the print out of the way.

mhe and Andy Cohen like this.
  7. Holten

Holten Member

I created two macros to use on the PanelDue

Home All
    Code:
    M98 Phomec.g			; Home C

M98 Phomey.g			; Home Y

M98 Phomex.g			; Home X

M98 Phomez.g			; Home Z

G1 X150 Y-50 F15000		; Park

and Home C
    Code:
    M98 Phomec.g			; Home C

Using the Home C macro is the only way I can get C to home correctly, whether it be from PanelDue or directly from the web interface.

8. Holten

Holten Member

I've noticed the pause function waits until it finishes a couple lines of gcode before it pauses. So if the printer is currently doing like a long, slow perimeter it will seem like it's just ignoring you.

9. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

If I have to stop a print, my key requirements are Home Y, then Home C. I'm tempted to setup some hardware buttons for Stop and this HomeY, HomeC step. Clearly pause and resume would also be good candidates.

10. Paul Arden

Paul Arden Well-Known Member

In this case it wasn’t that, it even went through another toolchange after I had pressed the pause. I haven’t had it happen since though.