Cannot Auto Home Dual Hybrid

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by dsiegfried, May 3, 2016.

1. dsiegfried

dsiegfried Member

I am trying to commission the BigBox Dual with the Hybrid system and the problem I'm having is that it won't Auto Home correctly. X and Y are fine but Z crashes into the nozzle and stalls the motor and I have to power down.

It's because they've got the IR sensor mounted on the right side, it's not above or even near the bed at Home, it's above the plastic frame. So I can't proceed from here because all procedures involve an Auto Home sequence. There is nothing in the Guide about homing a Hybrid.

Is this a design flaw or am I missing some steps ?

2. dsiegfried

dsiegfried Member

Do I need a firmware update? Help !

3. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

Did you flash your board with the Hybrid code ? It should home correctly then. The correct sequence is: home to X=0 and Y=0 and move the head to 30,30. After that home the Z-axis.

4. dsiegfried

dsiegfried Member

No, I didn't. There's nothing in the entire guide about having to flash the board with the Hybrid code.
    It must be an oversight, they really need to add that.
    Is there a written procedure for flashing the board and a link to the hybrid firmware?

5. Rob Heinzonly

6. dsiegfried

dsiegfried Member

Thanks Rob. I'm going to go flash my machine after getting some sleep
    You're a life saver. You would think something this essential to running the Hybrid would be mentioned in the guide, for Pete's sake.
    ;)

7. Rob Heinzonly

Thanks, I would recommend the firmware from @Alex9779 : mesh bed levelling works better and his settings are fine-tuned for a Hybrid setup

Chase.Wichert likes this.