Changed YnX drivers to 8825

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Oliver, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Oliver

Oliver Active Member

Hi all

just changed my Y and X drivers to the 8825 ones.

Changing the steps for the Y was something i didn't understand really, it was originally on 180Steps, now with the 8825 i had to change them to 720. Shouldn't it just be a double because of the 1/32 microstepping ?
    At least the X was just a double from 160 to 320.

The first print just came out amazing, but it was just a small test cube.

I noticed that the print head moves really slowly now from the dock to the actual print start on the bed with the new drivers. How can i increase this speed again ?

Cheers

2. Richard Barbosa

Richard Barbosa Well-Known Member

Hi Oliver,

I noticed that too. It seems the Y axis dip switch on the board is set on "off" on #1 with 180 steps. I tried following the Marlin guide on the dip switch positions and when I put it on "on" on #was1 then my Y axis movement was cut in half. I had to step it up to 360. I also noticed the speed decreased.

I finally just decided to put it back to the "off" on #1 because I didn't want to take any chances. But all 3 dip switches according to the Marlin Wiki should be set to "on" but, for some reason, it's giving the 1/16 on "off" with 180 steps.