COMPLETE Chase's dual direct titan idex conversion

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Björn, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Westsidee

Westsidee Well-Known Member

Will test rc8 tomorrow.

I had a few problems with rc7. One of my pt100 sensors died. So I got maxtemp error. I'm now waiting for à new sensor from E3D.
    I also have strange things with movin axis.
    X just moved in positive direction. I later tonight finally understod that x limit was trigered all the time when I didn't connect x stop switches.
    Y axis also showing strange things when I try to move it in the menues. It moved almost in random direction. Every other time it move positive or negative direction. Now I think this have to do with me not have any endstop switches wired in yet.
    How do I move left head i the menu? Is this posible?

Btw what drivers do you use?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

2. Westsidee

Folkert: What extruder do you move with "move axis X"? I'm gessing the one on the right. It moves as expected until I try to auto home. Then It goes to the left and crash to the other extruder. What am I doing wrong? :-{

3. Folkert Kaman

Folkert Kaman Well-Known Member

With move axis X you move whatever extruder you have selected with the T0/T1 command. Your homing direction is wrong for the right extruder. You probably have the stepper motor wired the other way from me. The easiest way is to just change one of the pairs of the X2 extruder motor. I have not found a way to change it in the software.Just remove two fromt he connector at the Rumba end and swap them round.

#203 Folkert Kaman, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  4. Westsidee

ok thanks. I ordered Duet board today so I'll stopp my build until it gets home. Thanks for all the help.

5. Folkert Kaman

Hi, I am using DRV8825 for the X1, X2 and Y axes.
    No problem. Good luck with the Duet.

I just got the first print done with dual extruders. Still have to adjust the settings a bit to align the two extruders, but everything seems to work now. Of course also some optimization of the S3D profile is required.

Björn likes this.
  6. Mark Curry

Mark Curry Well-Known Member

Wow nice work Bjorg!

I am busy printing parts... a few questions though,

1. Do I need a second IR sensor for the U extruder?
    2. When I import the screw cap into S3D it takes up the whole bed?
    3. Which IR mount do I use with the right cartridge? There isn't one in the zip
    Thanks again!

7. JvdP

JvdP Well-Known Member

Did you get the Duex5 since the Duex2 isn't in stock?

8. Björn

Björn Well-Known Member

Short answers..

1: No second probe needed or used, you probe the bed with the left extruder only
    2, I guess S3d tries to rescale the item as it is tiny, import it again and click "no" when it asks if it should be rescaled to inches or whatever the question is
    3: This IR-mount can be used: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1646188 (or the one you can find in here http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1554356/#files ) I'd prefer the longer one, more adjustment

9. Westsidee

I went allin and got me Duet (Ethernet), Duex5, 7" screen and pt100 board.
    It hurt My wallet a bit.

JvdP and Stian Indal Haugseth like this.
  10. Mark Curry

Mark Curry Well-Known Member

Thanks Bjorn!

11. Westsidee

Can somebody help:
    It won't home Z.

Folkert? Help.

12. Björn

Björn Well-Known Member

seems the BL-touch does not initiate, the pin should go down (red diode out, faint blueish diode on). Sorry but I can's help more with the marlin stuff.. When you get the duet I can.. :)

Westsidee likes this.
  13. Westsidee

How did you guys connect you BL touch?

Black and white -> min Z endstop.
    Brown and red -> 5v
    Yellow -> pin 5
    Is this right?

It works when I test it. Pin up/down/error/reset. But nothing happens when I run Home Z command.

Is your min Z endstop indicating "triggered" all the time? You can check that with M119 command in the terminal. My does.

I allso noticed that my hotend fans are running all the time, is this normal Folkert?

14. Folkert Kaman

Hi,

The hotend fans should only be running above 60 degrees. Are your hotend temperatures correct?

15. Folkert Kaman

My endstop is not indicating triggered. I am using the pin 5. See :

[​IMG]

I noticed you are using the RC7 firmware. Have you tried the RC8 ?

16. Westsidee

I have same problem with RC8. Something is wrong. Hot end fans are running all the time, BUT They turn of if I remove Zmin! Must be something strange as hell with this one. Some ground problem or something. My BLTouch have same extra parts in the package... Do I need to use any of them? In duet forums they are using 240ohm resistor between black and white leeds.

17. Björn

Björn Well-Known Member

it's to do with 3,3Volt logic or 5V as I understand, if you have a late bl-touch you can cut a bit of the pcb for 3,3V logic instead of using a resistor(Duet uses 3,3V). There should be a paper mentioning this with your bl-touch if that is possible on yours.

18. Westsidee

Is rumba 5V?

19. JvdP

JvdP Well-Known Member

Do you need the PT100 board? Don't the E3D PT100 boards work on the Duet? I suppose you went for the Duex5 instead of the Duex2 because you didn't want to wait for it to come back in stock...? Do you know how much more expensive the 5 is compared to the 2?

20. jfb

jfb Well-Known Member

The E3D PT100 boards won't work with the Duet, you'll need the PT100 daughter board (one will do 2 PT110s). I went for the Duex5 anyway because I thought if I'm spending that much, then spending a little more to leave room for whatever I decide to add in future made sense. I can't remember how much the Duex2 was listed as, but I do remember thinking that the price difference wasn't all that much when getting the Duet wifi and Duex anyway.

Having bought them a couple of weeks ago, I still haven't fitted them, but I have a few days off soon, hopefully.... :)