Chimera

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Stian Indal Haugseth, May 2, 2016.

1. Acapella

Acapella Active Member

First of all thank you Tom De Bie.

I have modified your file to fit my version of chimera along with a basic cut up x carriage top. Its not pretty but it functions as I want it to (getting read to do dual prints soon, just printing off an extruder for my second motor)

Uploading files just for anyone who wanted to play around with an 'unofficial'(?) chimera dual bowden extrusion set up.

Attached Files:

2. Tom De Bie

Tom De Bie Well-Known Member

Your very welcome :)
    We're all here to help one and another out.

3. Tom De Bie

Tom De Bie Well-Known Member

Just had the time to check your files out. Could you post a picture of the completed carriage? I just don't understand the way the top carriage is mounted... ;)

4. Scipione205

Scipione205 New Member

I'd like to know why the guys at E3D decided for dual E3D V6 instead of a single Chimera, and the bowden is really that bad? I wanted to try a Chimera with two bowden extruders (I used the Geared Extruder V.2 by RomanST which is like the Wade geared extruder with bowden addon and a full path for the filament, it works really good for me and Roman had good results even with flexible filaments).
    And how is calibrated the height of the two different E3D V6 ?