Clarification on the update...

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Mark_T, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Mark_T

Mark_T Well-Known Member

@Greg Holloway - You said in the update today :

Doesn't this only hold up orders with OctoPrint?

Why wouldn't you ship the orders without it?

How far through the outstanding orders can you get with the stop-gap supplies and how long until the new kits actually get to you?

From previous updates it seemed you were just waiting for these kits to arrive, but now it seems that you have only just approved them, are these different bits of wiring from the kits you've been waiting for?

On Friday the update said that Duals would begin shipping this week, what changed?

Thanks for any further information you can provide as the recent updates have been a little confusing and inconsistent...

2. Greg_The_Maker

Greg_The_Maker Administrator
    Staff Member

We have shipped a lot of the non-octopi kits and we don't want to ship more recent orders at the expense of older orders.

We have enough either in stock or en-route to cover the pre-orders. The samples are for future kits and are not related to the current batch of pre-orders.

Nothing, we will still be shipping this week.

Our updates are based on the information that we have. If our information changes so too will the updates. In some instances details that we have been provided with, and which we base our updates on, can change, supplier ETAs for example. The obvious result of this is that the details that we pass onto you will change too. We are being as transparent and direct as we can with the information that we have to hand. We are not trying to hide anything and are simply relaying the data we have available at the time.

elmoret and Alex9779 like this.
  3. Mark_T

Mark_T Well-Known Member

With all due respect, the moral high-ground on that point has been out of reach for some time now.

Given the lack of supply chain coordination you may as well accept that all you are now doing is annoying those whose orders you can ship as well as those whose orders you can't ship, you may as well do what you can to reduce one of those groups a bit.

I can't speak for everyone obviously, but if you have now got everything you need other than the DC-DC parts then you may as well ship what you can, at least from the 'June' group, as you are not delaying the Octoprint dependent orders by doing so or shipping them '.. at the expense of older orders' as you can't ship those older orders anyway, and you are on the positive side reducing the delay for those who didn't order Octoprint.

It would probably make things easier to follow if the updates just contained information relevant to the pre-order queue.

That is good to hear...

All you have to do in cases like this is to tell us what changed.

It is only when 'next week' becomes '... 'or possibly the week after' without any information as to why that is causes concern.

... and it is appreciated, it really is, you've been making a generally good recovery from a bad start and hopefully you are only a few weeks away from getting through all of this and getting back to 'normal' whatever that turns out to be :)

4. theTroll527

theTroll527 Well-Known Member

Typically I support you folks all of the time but this is just a bit absurd. How is shipping my kit at the "expense of older orders"? Mine was suppose to be a May shipment that got pushed to June. that you should have all the stuff ready for I can't see any reason it is not going out the door just because you don't have a part of the Octi-print. This makes zero sense unless there is something else that you are missing and you just didn't want to tell us.

I would really like to understand why my order is not going out the door?

5. gonzalo

gonzalo Well-Known Member

About my Jan 4th preorder;
    On feb 11, I was told "early March..."
    And then April.
    And May.
    Now early June is slipping away...

Unless there are THOUSANDS of printers being preordered and built and shipped... I don't get it.

6. Mark_T

Mark_T Well-Known Member

How is this helping anyone @Greg Holloway?

You have two people right here who have already been waiting several months, you have their money, you have what you need to ship their orders, why won't you ship?