Cleaning a NozzleX?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kevbo, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Kevbo

Kevbo New Member

Does anyone have any tips for cleaning the outside of a NozzleX without damaging it's "polyphobic" coating?

Mind you I thought that coating was meant to reduce the chance of the Nozzle getting covered in gunk but that's not my limited experience having used one for the last couple of months.

2. Florent Serre

Florent Serre New Member

Hello,

same question ?

Is acetone a solution?

For me it is the pla which flowed on the nozzle which is impossible of the rise without cleaning.

Thanks

3. Daniel Rock

Daniel Rock Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Acetone is an absolute no for the nozzle X. Our recommendation is to heat up the nozzle and use a cloth to remove plastic residue, avoid paper towels, wire brushes and needles.

The WS2 coating reduces the amount that plastic sticks to the nozzle, but does not completely stop it.

4. Fraser White

Fraser White New Member

Is there a solvent that can be used? I bought a NozzleX last week to print PETG and made a few prints with it. It seemed really good at first, much less sticking than I'd had with the brass nozzle. A few days ago I changed back to PLA because one nozzle for everything right?
    Managed to get one print out and now the Nozzle seems to be clogged. Tried running through a ton of filament but I'm only managing to extrude about 10% of what I ask for, and visually the extruded plastic is thin and doesn't look like a 0.4mm nozzle pushed it out. I have changed back to my original brass nozzle this morning and am now printing PLA flawlessly with my original extruder calibration again.
    I'm kind of upset that this expensive nozzle is now gathering dust and I don't know what I can do to get it working nicely again. Instructions say I shouldn't use anything abrasive, can't use acetone, cant use a cold pull and that I should use a cloth to gently remove plastic from the outside. What about the inside? Pushing filament doesn't seem to be unclogging it and I can't see if there is anything wrong with the aperture though I haven't had any kind of nozzle crashes or damage. It sounds like the coating is too delicate to be practical.

Would love any advice on rescuing this purchase.