Clicking while skipping or retract or what?

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Stian Indal Haugseth, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Stian Indal Haugseth

Stian Indal Haugseth Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have read a few posts here about clicking titans while retracting but I'm not sure whats causing this retract like movement or if it is skipping. I Have recently lowered the max amps as my pancake steppers where scorching hot. Can it have been damaged?

I'm using the pancake 13Ncm OMC stepper with titan and Chases dual titan mod. With some connector changes of my own (not finished yet).

What does not show in video is the stepper actually clicks back a certain amount. I would believe skipping would be more like not being able to move forwards, not actually backlashing as much as it does.

2. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Looks like a jam, in which case the extruder is trying to push the filament and once enough tension builds up due to the jam, it clicks back.

3. Stian Indal Haugseth

So it seem. I'm not able to push through the filament by hand any more. Hope this is the case :)

4. Stian Indal Haugseth

I did a half hearted nylon cold pull. At least I was able to push some through first with a bit more resistance than it should be. I gave it a thorough blast from my gas torch. Even melted the asfalt beneath in -5 outside. Glowing hardened steel nozzle

IMG_20161108_111457.jpg

Looks almost brand new.
    IMG_20161108_115146.jpg

5. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Wow.