COMPLETE Configurable Tablet Mount

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Spoon Unit, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

After the laptop near the printer died, I realised I could do pretty much everything I was using that laptop for with a tablet; i.e. mostly just Octoprint. So that led me to create a little mount to attach to the Bigbox to rest the tablet in when not in use.

ApplicationFrameHost_2016-08-26_09-01-00.png ApplicationFrameHost_2016-08-26_09-01-22.png

The part is on Thingiverse if you just want to print:

It's a parametric design though, so if you want to fiddle with it, feel free to make a copy and adjust to your heart's content over on OnShape:

JohnEsc and Alex9779 like this.
  2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Is that an iPad? So you have an iPad for "mostly just Octoprint"? You are a crazy man :D

3. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

It is an iPad.

No the laptop in the room (which was old) wasn't doing much more than just giving me a browser. The iPad moves around a lot, and is actually faster than the laptop was. But still if I happen to be in there managing a print or two, then throwing the pad on the table is less preferable to docking it on the printer. I've also got a windows tablet which is more likely to be housed there permanently, which is very similar dimensions. The only problem with the windows tablet is that it's slow compared to the iPad.

4. Jasons_BigBox

Jasons_BigBox Well-Known Member

Ooo, that looks handy Spoon Unit,

With the power switch inaccessible around the back, I use a switched extension lead that sits to the side of the printer. The problem is that I keep knocking it off as it's on a shiny surface. I think I'll give them a go,

Cheers!

Jason

Spoon Unit likes this.
  5. Jasons_BigBox

Jasons_BigBox Well-Known Member

Well, I did a bit of editing and printed them in ABS:

DSCF1199.JPG

I had a lot of curling up from the bed on both parts but they still work great,

Thanks

Jason

Spoon Unit likes this.