Correct screws for heated bed "corner nut trap"?

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Sgllama, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Sgllama

Sgllama Active Member

On the Wiki page http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/BigBox_Printer_Sub-assemblies next to the image labelled "screwed corner" is the advise to use 3 x M3 18mm Screws (Bag 10) but Bag 10 contains 16mm screws (according to e.g. the BOM for the "Y-Axis Rear" sheet)- Bag 8 holds 18mm.

Using the screws from Bag 10 I have to leave off the lock washer to engage the hex nut - but the result (not quite flush with the hex nut) matches the photo. Using longer screws from Bag 8, the lock washer can be added but the end of the screw protrudes from the hex nut (and therefore does not match the photo).

To make things more interesting, my calipers make the Bag 10 screws shorter than 16mm...

(just as I was about to post this, I noticed that John Esc and Tim Elmore discussed almost exactly the same observation on the Google group, Jan 6th, but not mentioning the contradiction in the Wiki text)

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

3. Sgllama

Sgllama Active Member

So he did

Very true. Not helped by the fact that I'm printing out the bit I'm going to work on next, so that I have somewhere to scribble, can tick off what's been done and so on and, um, it was easier to print it out before I left work on Friday...