Could use some direction for initial set up of BB dual

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by wfredette, Mar 9, 2016.

1. wfredette

wfredette Well-Known Member

Hi, all. I think the Wiki sort of falls apart when it comes to the final set up during commissioning of the dual version. Everything seems to run together, and it's hard to pick out what should be done for the dual but not the Lite or Pro versions - for example, I think I've learned that the Dual should go to 0,0 when it auto homes, but the Wiki just shows the print head moving to the middle of the build space, as it does for the Lite and Pro. It's sort of frustrating.

I've searched here and found a few references to setting the Z-offset, etc., but I'm wondering if there is a thread or a video that shows the steps, in order, for what needs to be done with the IR sensor, adjusting the Z-offset, leveling the bed, etc. all in one place, and just for the Dual. I apologize if there is, and I just missed it. Thanks!

2. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

I had a similar challenge there, and ended up watching through some of Livi's webcasts. There's one that contains that step, I think it's something like part 9.2, and it's not Livi but someone else who's where you are, and Greg walks them through to first print from that point. I had piece of paper to note things down then move the printer to test them.

3. wfredette

wfredette Well-Known Member

Thanks! This was useful.

4. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

5. goose117

goose117 Member

Damn, I did it the hard way, Calibration Prints, lots of them!

A Calibration pin holder would be an awesome addition, something that clips it to to the bed.