I was ready to throw my Hemera in the corner until I could figure out what to do... But my Box was opened by the shop (3d Printer Superstore in Vic Australia - All seals broken - Very disappointed it arrived like this) so I thought maybe I got a faulty unit? I'm not inexperienced with Electronics or hacking a printer but I bought the bowden unit, fit it 2 nights ago and 48 hours later I'm thinking of going back to the original... Why Bowden? because my Ender 5 has been VERY reliable out of the box. A glass"bed" mod was all i had to do to get pretty damn good results. I didnt what to touch what wasn't "broke" such as the firmware etc as that can lead to more dramas (which it did...) But I do want to try out PETG and other cool filaments so I know the stock was not going to cut it. I have a Tevo Tarantula (Nicknamed Satan as it really is a piece of garbage out of the box) which I have modded with E3d stuff before with no dramas. So Process and Findings below: I have tried using Stock 22.214.171.124 from Creality and modified the ESteps to 409 as per guide. Flipped my machine over and dropped the VREF to .490-.5 as per Vref instructions for Ender Creality boards. Also decided to check the Vref on the other pots and glad I did, on was at .62 instead of .58 LOL... Ran the Extruder and measured we were pretty close to 100mm, if anything came in at 98mm pushed through. Didnt worry too much about calibrating the Esteps at this precious stage as this was pretty close. Chucked in some ABS, Bed to 105 and 230 hotend (my default ABS profile) :/ At that point over extrusion to the Max... Cant get past 3rd layer without garbage or Model grab... So off to Marlin 1.1.9 and someone elses config... Changing their steps to 409. Measured - Perfect 100mm - Not bad! Print and OverExtrude... Anyway, after reconfiguring a hundred different things, I was left issuing M92 commands and throwing a stick in the mud to see if it grabs. Got E220 to print, model came out at half height... The old crow went Faaaaark... Over to the Z axis and the steps in the default firmware is set at 400 which apparently is the old Ender screw. This makes sense as well to double it to 800 as my one successful print at E220 was half height... I am now printing a clamp for my E3D V6 which is now looking fine with M92 E387.5 (smack bang for 100mm) Z800 (for the extended leadstop). i havent slept since Friday because I can't handle having electronics beat me... I think I have finally won! The trouble we have is that we need to know our printers better but with no baseline (or one that is not exactly well defined) it is hard to determine issues. I agree with some posts that the instructions are a bit cack but there is enough there to "get going", it's all the other garbage associated with Creality we have to dig through (and trying to get the right Syntax so Google knows what we want LOL). I'll see if I can take some photos and bang up a guide of what I went through and the checks to do as half the videos miss this one little critical step which can leave a beginner frustrated, or a more experienced user scratching their head, especially if they cant get through a full print to "measure" so to speak - Calibration circles look ok-ish until you pull out the digi calipers, mine need batteries so maybe I would've figured this out sooner... On another note, I've added a poll to see if I'm the only idiot that bought the bowden (I thought it came with the Direct Drive M4 Thing to work with my Volcanos or V6 hotends at a later stage, but no its seperate $25 purchase unfortunately)... i wanted to convert to DD later on when I was ready for the 'exotics'. i hope this helps someone! ***EDIT*** Can I get a mod to change the Title to Include Hemera - Whoops!