Cyclops/Repetier firmware

Discussion in 'Multi-Extrusion' started by Zzyzxx71, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Zzyzxx71

Zzyzxx71 Member

I'm currently in the process of (hopefully completing the) building of a large format CoreXY, I decided to go with a Cyclops and have managed to get all parts of the printer operating, except for the hot end.

Everything works, I've completed mock test prints until I'm blue in the face. All thermistors react properly and display when heat is applied (via heat gun).

The hot end simply doesn't heat up when instructed to do so. I've tested this with the Cyclops, a V6, and an old (working) non-E3d hotend, I've also tested the firmware on another ramps 1.4 board with the same result (and even tested that with 2 separate hot ends).

I'm fairly sure this is a firmware issue in that even voltage testing D8 on the ramps shows no voltage. Teseteed with both a multimeter and just having a 12v fan plugged into it (in addition to testing with hot ends).

I've posted my configaration here - http://pastebin.com/29k8vWam

If I could resolve this issue I'd be up and running tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Hmm does repetier use the M42 command for enabling pins? IE M42 P8 S255

This should enable the pin to allow voltage to go through

3. Zzyzxx71

Zzyzxx71 Member

I did more "investigative research", turns out the issue is that repetier simply doesn't work when both hot ends are assigned the same heater/thermistor in the "color mixing" configuration. Configured as if there are 2 extruders, but one heater cartridge/thermistor, it doesn't heat up/no voltage. Configured as 2 extruders but with mixing enabled, I was able to somewhat get it to work. The hot end heats up, and extruder 1 works as expected, but when switched to extruder 2, BOTH extruders feed at 50%, definitely not the result I'm going for.

Without a doubt this is an issue with Repetier's web config and it's firmware.

Mike Kelly likes this.