Dry Box Success!

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Hugofitz, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Hugofitz

Hugofitz Active Member

2. Hugofitz

Hugofitz Active Member

Thought I'd share this excellent dry box solution.

As you can see from the attached image it will hold four 200mm spools with a total combined width of 270mm or (10.5 ish inches)

Stacks and has a carrying handle (not the cheapest box in the world but can you put a price on reliability versus wasted time?

The lid seals, I've just got to design a silica gel tray for it. :)

Attached Files:

3. Miasmictruth

Miasmictruth Well-Known Member

I use the same box, only problem is I used a design someone else used and it had the spools the other way, this makes much more sense

For the life of me I am not sure where I save the link.

4. Hugofitz

Hugofitz Active Member

5. Miasmictruth

Miasmictruth Well-Known Member

Those are awesome, but look like they will be a bit expensive to make. However if you only want to do one spool they are perfect.

What I would like to do is make a long box, seal it up real well with then be able to pull down lines to the printer kind of like, Tom Sanladerer does but I will keep the lines in ptfe tubing. One change I would probably make is have set up to be able to pull one spool out at a time, where his if you want to change the one out of the center it will take a fair bit of effort.

That way I can have a dozenish spool ready to feed the printer all safe and dry.

6. Jasons_BigBox

Jasons_BigBox Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to post this for ages but kept forgetting. The pic shows the ones I use. They're from 'Home Bargains' in the UK and are £1.99. They take two spools quite easily (at least the ones I have).

They do seem to seal pretty well as the silica gel takes a long time before it begins to change colour.

IMG_4896.jpg

Hugofitz likes this.