Dual Big Box Firmware

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Dean, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Dean

Dean Member

OK, so I got my printer earlier this year and finally found the time to finish it up. I am on the step in the build process that requires tightening of the HotEnds. This is the information the build guide says:

To ensure a leak-free nozzle we need to perform the final tightening. This is done with the nozzle at temperature.

It is worth at this point checking that you can access the heater block and nozzle with your spanners (before the temperature rises) as access is a little restricted.

Using the LCD lower the Z-Axis, somewhere around 200mm should be fine.

Note: There is a firmware bug which causes the bed to change height and reset to 0, please refer to the forum for support | forum.e3d-online.com

Can someone tell me which firmware I need to proceed? I have been searching the forum for awhile now and I can't seem to find the answer. When I boot up the printer I see 1.1.0-RC3 (BBDual).

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Dean

2. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

Look here

3. Dean

Dean Member

Back again. I am new to all this stuff so I hope someone can give me some guidance.

I have the BigBox Dual from Kickstarter. Firmware on startup is 1.1.0-RC3 (BBDual). I am in the commissioning section of the build manual (7) Tightening the HotEnd. There is note there: Note: There is a firmware bug which causes the bed to change height and reset to 0, please refer to the forum for support | forum.e3d-online.com

According to Mike01hu I found this as the firmware : Marlin.RC.Hex
    https://jenkins.alitecs.de/job/BigBox_Geek/branch/BigBox%2FDual%2FRC/

I installed Arduino IDE and download and installed HexUploader. I followed these the firmware flashing instructions from here:
    http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/BigBox_Firmware_Flashing_Guide#After_flashing_a_new_firmware

I am using a mac and I have unplugged RPi from the RUMBA and plugged in a USB cable from the RUMBA to my mac. When I run the HexUploader, and select the Marlin.RC.hex file all I get is scrolling messages that say:

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
    avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

I have been looking in the forums and online for over an hour and I can't figure out what is wrong.

Do I need to upgrade the firmware? Can someone tell me how to do it? Can someone please please help me resolve this error? I really want to get this thing printing and keep hitting roadblocks.

Thanks in advance.
    Dean

4. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

Hi, What port are you selecting in hex uploader before you try and upload ?

5. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member