Dual Commissioning - Move axis step size

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Bluemalu, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Bluemalu

Bluemalu Well-Known Member

I'm working my way through the commissioning stage for the dual build - Firmware 1.1.0 RC3 BBDual

Following the wiki, no real issues till I try to carry out dual nozzle alignment. When I use the Prepare - Move Axis - 1mm - X/Y or Z it moves 4mm, same scale factor with 10mm and 0.1mm. I've shied away from updating firmware as it's all still stock and I'd rather get it all working with known faults before blazing down new trails.

I feel I'm missing something blindingly obvious but I can't seem to find anything. Any pointers greatly received..

2. Kick2box

Kick2box Well-Known Member

You're sure you are using the right motors for z (the smaller ones) ? Possibly you're confusing with "Level bed"?

3. Bluemalu

Ah, might not have explained myself well, all of the axis move the correct amount shown on the LCD screen, they are just multiples of 4 ie each click / turn of the 0.1 setting shows as 0.4, 0.8, 1.2 etc. Same effect on 10th - 40, 80, 120 and 1mm. Doesn't seem to make any difference on the axis (X, Y or Z).

Only noticed it when wanting to move 0.1mm to prepare for dual nozzle alignment.

4. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

5. Kick2box

Maybe you flashed the firmware too early, I was just looking and in the last version linked in the build manual it's working as expected.

6. Bluemalu

I haven't touched the firmware till it was tested and ready to go. The kit was delivered 6 weeks ago, just got back home and started the build earlier this week. Just getting setup to put in the new firmware.

https://github.com/Alex9779/Marlin/tree/BigBox_Dual

7. Kick2box

8. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

As far as I know, and Greg wrote this in some post I don't find at the moment, they flashed all the boards when they arrived with the ancient RC3 WITHOUT the changes of the current RC3 that is in the repo right now.
    There is no official information which firmware is on the boards, so for the moment just assume that everyone with a new box and a new RUMBA has the ancient RC3...

9. Bluemalu

All updated, problem resolved, now to carry on the commissioning. Many thanks.