Dual Extruder Bowden Coupling (fitting of)

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Old_Tafr, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

Hi,

On this page http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/BigBox_Printer_Sub-assemblies I'm just finishing the Dual Extruder assembly.

All fine except I'm not sure if the Bowden coupling should sit IN the hole at the top of the assembly OR be pushed INTO the hole? (which would require a little force). The coupling has small metal tags on the circumference, which I guess would bend to allow it to fit in the hole as opposed to on top.

It is also possible that the doughnut piece is fitted IN the hole FIRST and then the internal part is pushed into place to hold it there?

2. Chase.Wichert

Chase.Wichert Well-Known Member

3. Old_Tafr

Thanks you kindly. How do we get this info into the WiKi instructions? Can I edit the WiKi myself?

4. Chase.Wichert

Well, it shows it pretty well in the single extruder section, right above the dual. So maybe there just needs to be a note to refer to single extruder for bowden coupling installation... I don't believe you can edit the wiki. However, there is a thread for that somewhere... I'll find it and put that in the thread.

5. Old_Tafr

Yes to a ref to the single extruder, but even then bowden in the photo is difficult to see (how deep it is in the hole) and the single assembly instructions don't mention assembly in two stages............ A. Push doughnut shaped part into hole and then B Fit clip inside.

6. Chase.Wichert

Yeah, I mentioned that on the wiki error thread, assemble the bowden coupler, then insert into hole as shown or what not.