dual extrusion

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by KNM3D, Sep 21, 2016.

1. KNM3D

KNM3D Well-Known Member

so have yet to use my bigbox dual as a dual.
    is there a better carriage system design that allows for ease of leveling the nozzle tips to each other?
    the setscrews just don't seem to allow the V6 body to go up and down with any ease.

I would just like to use the printer that I paid for as intended.

are there any tricks and tips to getting the two nozzles lined up perfectly?

thank you,
    KNM3D

2. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

No simple answer to your issue as we all have found but, if you are prepared to do a big change, follow this thread.

3. Michael Frampton

Michael Frampton Well-Known Member

Ive ordered a 3 into 1 head..might even use EX2 to run a 3rd filament...thinking have to purge every time i change material or colour.will have to cad a new carriage but a simple and trouble free solution..

Attached Files:

4. Michael Frampton

Either that or make a dual head that rocks like a Cel Robox...and use EX2 stepper to move the heads back n forth with a screw jack between to stops or similar.shud be quite simple for someone who can write hex codes..there are a few people on this page who could do this with their eyes shut !

5. Michael Frampton

You can measure with feeler gauges the difference in height and pack the heat brake away from the carriage with shims..also we had to use a 16mm wood bit to drill deeper into carrige to allow heat brakes to full butt upto the carriage after leveling of mating surfaces with a file....then in the end drew and printed another carrige to allow brakes to full sink into carrige without bowlen connections fouling carrige or against x belt after having drilled thru to far by accident...but to be honest at the moment have never tried dual printing and we print with the unused nozzle removed..should of bought a single really lol

Attached Files: