Dual normal to dual titan - screws don't seem right?

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Pierce, May 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I am attempting my upgrade from dual bigbox 1.0 to dual hybrid 1.1.

The screws for the titan don't seem to fit, the small one in bottom right wont hold the extruder (I very nearly smashing my glass bed....) and the 35mm screws it says to use stick out too much so replaced them with the 30mm screws and they just about hold it in place.

so used shorter screws and ignored the bottom right screw all together.... am I in for a bad time later down the line?

Starting to realise that I need to undo more cables and screws and wiring that I first imagined for this....

2. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

#2 Old_Tafr, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    Pierce likes this.
  3. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

Thanks @Old_Tafr, guess I better buy some washers for this then. I made the foolish assumption that this upgrade kit would come with everything....

4. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

I seem to remember when I skimmed through the Titan build for the BigBox it tells you not to use either of the screws that come with the Titan for the bottom right and use one of the BB kit ones instead.

Pierce likes this.
  5. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

Thanks @Sarah Nicholson I don't think I noticed that anywhere. I have just finished pulling all the cables out of my printer so time to read again and see what I have missed!

6. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

7. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

When building a previous printer I had occasion to buy a few odd screws washers etc. they have come in handy ever since, and they cost pennies, our local supplier, with the nickname xxx nut and bolt has supplies of just about every m2 screw onwards...