Dual Purge & Prime (DuetWifi)

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Syko_Symatic, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Syko_Symatic

Syko_Symatic Well-Known Member

I have spent the majority of last night and today sorting out the tool change code for the DuetWifi.

I have attached the files to this post. When using this code you can remove the tool change script from S3D. It should allow you to use any slicer without worrying about the tool change being different.

Simply put the scripts in you sys files.

The code sees the T# in the gcode and runs the tfree#.g (retract, dock & purge). Followed by the tpost#.g (prime). The tpre#.g is empty. So the duet handles the tool change independent of the slicer.

You may need to modify your docking positions to suit your dual setup. It is also worth remembering to set the G10 P# S### R### somewhere so your tools have a operating and standby temperature. Particularly useful if you will be using scaffold (you can burn it if it stays too hot in the hot end).

Also remember to make sure you have code to turn the hot ends off. Like the code above but with S0 R0 so they don't sit at their standby temps.

If you need any help feel free to ask.

Attached Files:

mhe, AndyVirus and Björn like this.
  2. Björn

Björn Well-Known Member

After some struggle I found a good way (I think) to set standby temps in S3D for a dual machine (duet wifi)

Add two more extruders in the temp tab:
    "extruder 0 (standby)" and assign this to a unused temp identifier
    "extruder 1 (standby)" and assign this to another temp identifier (I used E4 and E5)

Add this to the start script:
    G10 P0 R[extruder4_temperature] ;
    G10 P1 R[extruder5_temperature] ;

You can now set up standby temps in the temp tab of your profiles :)

AndyVirus likes this.
  3. dc42

dc42 Well-Known Member

Is the purpose of doing this to change the standby temperatures at certain layers?

4. Björn

Björn Well-Known Member

Not really, but different materials might need different temps, to map it to layers would be possible too I guess. Did it this way because I do not want to go into config files, scripts or macros to change temp

5. Björn

Björn Well-Known Member

I need to do a print in future that starts as a dual head print and the rest is just with one extruder, I can set standby temp to zero after the dual part is done on the now redundant head.

6. dc42

dc42 Well-Known Member

That's ok if it is an IDEX printer. If it isn't, then I think it may best to keep the second nozzle hot, because it will make less of a mark when it crosses filament laid down by the other nozzle.

Björn likes this.