dual z rumba don't work

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by amirgaziel0, Feb 19, 2018.

1. amirgaziel0

amirgaziel0 New Member

Hello everyone
    I tried everything
    I do not know what to do anymore
    I'm adding photos of settings I've set up
    My board is RUMBA BIQU

1. my board configuration.h
    [​IMG]
    2. configuration_avd.h
    [​IMG]

3. pins_RUMBA.H
    [​IMG]

please help me
    Thank you

2. Hphock

Hphock Member

Following - I am replacing a Rumba and my LCD doesn't work - Think I need to flash a bios or something?

3. gonzalo

gonzalo Well-Known Member

Can’t see your pictures but what does it do? Blue screen?
    Did you try and flip the 2 cables that come from the rumba?

4. gonzalo

gonzalo Well-Known Member

Well, yes, a brand new rumba needs flashing

5. Hphock

Hphock Member

I am very new to this - how do I flash the Rumba? I also have the octoprint upgrade

6. jfb

jfb Well-Known Member

This thread https://forum.e3d-online.com/threads/firmware-flashing-guide.708/ is a bit old now, but should hopefully help (the process should be the same, but software versions are probably different) - I don't use the rumba myself any more, so anything else I add would be from memory only. It can be a bit overwhelming at first if you've never done anything like this before, but if you just take it one step at a time you should be fine.

From memory, the main steps in the early part of the thread were all I ever needed. Just try following the first post or two in the thread.

Also, when searching the web generally, the same steps apply to flashing RAMPS - you'll see that mentioned more often on line (apart from here) than Rumba. Effectively, a Rumba board is a RAMPS and Arduino Mega on a single board - that may help if you're searching the internet generally for answers to specific issues.

The specific versions of various bits of software mentioned in the thread are probably out of date, so don't worry too much about them. I'd suggest giving the first two or three posts a read through, then going through the steps until you hit a point where you get stuck. Then ask - someone should be able to help with most things.

Hope that helps...

mhe and Ephemeris like this.