Duet 3 with toolboards

Discussion in 'Motion System' started by Amr, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Amr

Amr Well-Known Member

Any one managed to switch to Duet 3 and tool boards on the TC, I am starting the conversion and was looking for a solution other that having to re cut the electronic panel and dismantling every thing to install it, I was thinking to design a bracket that would attach to the Duet2 hole pattern and adapt for the Duet 3 pattern but thought to ask first if already available rather than reinventing the wheel. I am thinking to have main board in place of the Duet 2 main board and a Pi and the tool distribution board in place of the Duex expansion board.

Any advice is welcome for the design if no one has one already.

Thanks

2. dc42

dc42 Well-Known Member

I re-used one of the Duet 2 mounting holes, and I drilled the other holes for the Duet 3 and for the tool distribution board with the electronics panel in-situ. I don't have a Pi in that system yet, but I left room for it.

3. Amr

Amr Well-Known Member

So I am finally done with the upgrade with Duet 3 and tool boards, have to say it has not been easy, because iI was afraid to drill the panel and break it, I decided to go through and design an adapter for the boards that will hold the duet3+distribution Board+PI3 on the available holes on the panel. you can find it here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4609008

Greg_The_Maker likes this.
  4. twam

twam Active Member

Amr likes this.