E3D Everyday PLA/ABS

Discussion in 'Filament' started by Paul Begley, Jul 28, 2016.

1. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

My experience is they are mostly easy to print on BB

2. GeckoBox3D

GeckoBox3D Well-Known Member

Any news on when the sale for the old E3D filament will happen? I need a restock, but I'm tempted to leave it till this sale goes live.

3. Mark_T

Mark_T Well-Known Member

Even if these 'new' filaments prove to be as good as the other premium products they are priced against, it still means that E3D has no cheap filament for 'everyday' experimentation.

£40/Kg delivered just isn't competitive...

4. Paul Begley

Paul Begley Well-Known Member

3DFilaprint seem very competitive. i’ve recently purchased a couple of clearance items, 1.75 1KG ABS for £10 each (inc vat) & Free UK delivery.

5. Clare - E3D

Clare - E3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Stock Clearance! Last of the E3D Everyday stock is available now - and you'll find a cheeky 20% off many spoolWorks filaments
    e3d.online/FilamentSale

Jari likes this.
  6. GeckoBox3D

GeckoBox3D Well-Known Member

Just made a large order of these ;) hopefully I get a nice mix of colours. I may order more at this price if they are still around in a few days and I get a good selection of colours

7. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

There is no PLA, and plain standard abs is something I will never buy again.

8. Clare - E3D

Clare - E3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry you missed out @fpex! The everydayPLA stock just flew off the shelves yesterday, there's some 3mm left though, or plenty of spoolWorks PLA colours at around the £18 mark

9. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

I would love a mixed spool works sample pack, but not rolls as I am not sure they bring anything better to what I already use. Till that is not available, there won't be any offer that would be tempting enough since I never on,y order one spool.

10. Mark_T

Mark_T Well-Known Member

So Clare, does this mean that E3D are now effectively ignoring the 'everyday' market for a good basic filament and just selling premium products only?

Even with the current discount, the Spoolworks products are £30/Kg+delivery and still no clear reason why this should be preferred over other competing products...

11. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no doubt that the presence of "everyday" filaments helped give me the impression that everything else - nozzles, thermistors.... - was competitively priced. If filaments are all premium-priced then I'll be bound to think that the rest of the store is priced-at-premium. Whether it is or not. Before you know it I'll have decided that this is maybe not a one-stop-shop. And that's a step which is very hard to revert.

mike01hu likes this.
  12. Mark_T

Mark_T Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was saying earlier in this thread regarding Key Value Items (KVI).

A well priced basic filament is a great example of this and you make my point perfectly...

mike01hu likes this.
  13. Cadmonkeychris

14. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

Expensive, I get good filament easily at 16-18 Eur per kg. if I need to go higher hand, it is colorfabb or refill or even some esun materials. 32$ is a lot. It would easily translate to 32 Eur plus taxes.

15. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

16. Dr Jeep

Of course picking up on the real value of KVI, when I order my cheap filament there is usually a spool of something more exotic to play with to go with it. Printme3d have a very limited selection but if I am buying my "everyday" from them and they have the other stuff in stock, they are more likely to get the order than E3D. :/

I love E3D and I love my BigBox, their products (including the filaments) are all great. But as a business they have made some dubious decisions of late IMO....I hope I'm wrong and their sales don't suffer, but this doesn't stack up in my mind.

mike01hu likes this.
  17. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

My thoughts too! You can't survive on a name alone.

18. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

I think geeks, engineers and scientists get grumpy when confronted with marketing.... they like data, terminal windows and are impatient with "fluff". What does seem to fly under the radar quite well is technical bla-bla that may actually be quite unsubstantiated but relatively few are punctilious enough to care!

mike01hu likes this.
  19. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

I took advantage of the PLA sale the moment it activated. Given the SpoolWorks replacements bring in only two new colours, my first thought was that SpoolWorks PLA is actually exactly the same material as Everyday PLA in all but name. I also found Everyday stuff very good, and I'm glad I've got quite a bit to keep me going. Will look into the other options people have posted on this thread. It's also possible that it really is the same material and that there's a price correction at some point. Selling zero of something at a higher price certainly isn't as good for business as selling many of something at a lower price.

20. Dr Jeep

All the spoolworks stuff is 20% off at the moment so it's not so bad. :)