E3D HEMERA ISSUES,

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jorge Ramirez, Mar 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Jorge Ramirez

Jorge Ramirez New Member

Hello everyone,

I am hoping i can find some answes to my issue. I have an e3d hemera that i installed on my anycubic chiron. It has been printing fine for a little over a month now. I left the printer to print over night like usual and i came back to the extruder motor not moving. I dissasembled the extruder thinking that there was a jam but everything seemed ok, so i just plugged the motor back in and i get a small jitter and then nothing. i can spin the motor just fine with my fingers but the stepper cannot seem to get it to go. I switched to another TMC2208 and a A4988 with no difference. I already plugged it in to my other printer and still nothing spins. Not sure what could have happend.

any ideas?

2. Haytham Bennani

Just for sanity's sake: try checking the current being supplied (about 1000A is a starting point for the Hemera stepper, 1100mA would be nicer, motor is rated for 1330mA).

Also try checking if the idler arm is too tight.

I also find that if your heatsink cooling fan isn't keeping temps down (around 35-40C) then it also tends to seize up the internal shafts/bearings/gears since they are such tight tolerance parts. Thermal expansion and so on..

3. Marcus Mendenhall

Marcus Mendenhall Active Member

Check the coils with an ohmmeter, if you have one. If both wire pairs look about the same, and have a few ohms resistance, and the motor can be turned by hand (which you indicate), it is 99% likely not a motor problem. Bad cable?