E3D lite6 Bowden setup - unloading filament?

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by mihi4, Jan 13, 2017.

1. mihi4

mihi4 Member

Hi!
    I'm using an Lite6 1.75 Bowden Setup on my Suhokey i3-Clone, and it works really great.
    I just unloaded/loaded new filament once, and since I was quite unknown, just retracted the filament through Pronterface with 50mm/s.
    Luckily, nothing clogged (as I know now) :)
    I found the following procedure on the reprap-forum for PLA (http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?340,286027,286040#msg-286040):
    Ist this "cold pull" also the preferred way to change the filament on a V6 or Lite6?

thx and greetings
    michi

2. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

I'm not on a Lite6, but a full v6. The "cold pull" isn't truly "cold" as you effectively just pull the filament out as soon as it's flowing enough to move. This is how I do the majority of my changes, partly because it's quicker, and also because it seems to be a good way to quickly extract all of the old filament, thus giving you a reasonable clean of the nozzle at the same time.

So while I can't say whether it's preferred or not, it's certainly viable and I've suffered no issues from doing it this way.

3. mihi4

mihi4 Member

Thx for the fast reply!
    Can anybody with a Lite6 confirm this way? (I'm planning to upgrade to a full v6 anyways, but don't know, when *G*).

greetings
    michi