E3D Printer Usage Poll

Discussion in 'General' started by Josh, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Josh

Josh Administrator
    Staff Member

We ran a poll from the 20th February 2014 until 16th March 2014. Our aim was to get a feel for what printers were being used by visitors to the E3D website.

The number of Prusa i3 users stands out (~150 votes), but what I find most interesting is the number of people that use printers that fall outside all of these categories - almost 200 votes. Of which; almost 50 were a custom design..

I would certainly be interested to see photos of any non-standard setups that use an E3D HotEnd..

Attached Files:

2. N3MIS15

N3MIS15 Member

I missed the poll, but yes I run a printer of my own design (based on richrap's 3dr and even uses some of the same STL files). I treated it as a design/learning experience and the fact that it can produce half decent prints is a bonus. It has its flaws and I learnt ALOT from making it (its my first delta) but I am for the most part pleased with it. I still use my rock solid I3(s) for most things but its great for vases :p

[​IMG]

3. Eaglezsoar

Eaglezsoar Administrator

Your delta looks great!
    Very good job!

4. N3MIS15

N3MIS15 Member

Thanks. The only problem I have with it is the top is a little "wonky" I would be nice if I had added a couple more screws to support it. In its current iteration the top only has 3 screws to support the electronics and the weight of a 1kg spool :(
    Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 :)

5. Josh

Josh Administrator
    Staff Member

The beauty of RepRap is that you can just go ahead and fix that! :)