E3D Titan extruder & K8200

Discussion in 'General' started by Abrooksdavis, Apr 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Abrooksdavis

Abrooksdavis Member

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has a work around for mounting the titan extruder to the k8200? I purchased the mounting bracket assuming it would have had universal mounting holes but it does not, and I no longer have access to my not thoroughly deconstructed extruder.

Id print a mount myself but im unable to print anything at the moment. Just looking for temporary stable ideas untill it works well enought to make my own mount?

Cheers

2. Kick2box

Kick2box Well-Known Member

Construct one and ask someone to print it for you...

3. Abrooksdavis

Abrooksdavis Member

its ok I found a solution, a very good one in fact. I removed the screws from the back of the stepper motor, replaced them with 70mm screws and extended them arounf the aluminium frame and secured with a backplate. Solid mounting and easy to adjust if necessary :)

4. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

Can you post a picture?

5. Abrooksdavis

Abrooksdavis Member

#5 Abrooksdavis, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Stefan likes this.
  6. mike01hu

Thanks for that. My K8200 is going to my son and I may upgrade to Titan beforehand. Just a thought, the smaller motor will also help and converting to 1.75mm filament can be an option.

7. Geoff

Geoff New Member

The problem with mounting like this is you will no longer be able to reach the back of the bed, sacrificing your print area. I drilled 4 x 3mm holes in the e3d bracket and mounted it to the existing base plate for the k8200 extruder(mounting it sideways). This means that the hot end is in exactly the same position. The only issue now is the tip of the hot end is higher, so i will need to rase the heat bed up.

Attached Files:

mike01hu likes this.
  8. mike01hu

That's a simple solution and I'll treat my son to that once he's got used to using the printer.

9. Abrooksdavis

Abrooksdavis Member

Actually all you need do is move the virtical aluminium arms of the k8200 backwards and you then lose no print area at all. Just move both virtical arms back by the amount needed to correctly position the extruder head