E3D Titan Firmware calibration Repetier and DaVinci 1.0

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by CGough88, Dec 20, 2016.

1. CGough88

CGough88 Member

Hello all, I've had a search in the forums but forgive me if I have missed a thread that's relevant to this.

I've recently installed an E3D titan along with the V6 hot end into my OLD XYZ DaVinci 1.0.

I've used the new stepper motor supplied (Wantai 1.2A 0.9deg/step), I know I have to calibrate the Firmware but I've never done this before and wouldn't know where to do it.

Currently the motor just buzzes (like an incorrect answer) when it tries to extrude, there's no filament in at the moment.

I would go back to the stock motor but I've foolishly broken the socket off while trying to remove the filament drive gear attached to it.

Is this something I can do inside of Repetier or will I have to crack out the Arduino?

The stock motor on my DaVinci 1.0 is a Mineba 17PM-K142B 1.8degree 1amp 380mNm torque.

Many thanks and I'll do my best to help with questions, I'm more the 3D artist making the things to print and not the most tech savvy.

2. Ephemeris

Ephemeris Well-Known Member

This part of the forum is for BigBox printer problems so unless one of the owners has a DaVinci XYZ there's probably not a huge amount of machine specific help available here. However, soliforum.com is also full of nice people (sometimes including me) and has some dedicated forums for the DaVinci printers.

3. CGough88

CGough88 Member

I've no idea how I didn't see that, I'll repost this in the Titan forum.

I've got a thread open on 3D hubs also, I've been there for a while and helped some people so hopefully there may be help there. I thought to post in the E3D forum as it might be more relevant here also.

Many thanks though and sorry for the mistake.