E3D Toolchanger - Commissioning - Tool Position

Discussion in 'Tool heads & ToolChanger' started by MacNite, Jul 20, 2021.

1. MacNite

MacNite Member

Hey guys,

I have got an "issue" with my toolchanger. At the moment I am at the commissioning step for tool T0 and the position in the instructions is not right. I built the TC with Hemera direct Tool heads - and oh boy, you can see that the machine was not designed for these. I should have gone with the V6 tools instead.

Instructions - Step 10
    G1 X-10.5 Y200 F50000

The x-Position is not correct. Frome measuring it it has to be X-13. You can see the "missalignment" in the next picture.

20210720_212340.jpg

I already hat to tinker with the xy motion system because E3D was not able to assemble it correctly. The pulleys on the xy steppers were about 2mm to high so the belt would alway rub on the pulleys....shoulders (? I do not know how these parts are called in englisch, sorry).

I Know how to fix this in firmware / tool-pre-.g-files but is there any known issue / mistake I may have done wrong while assembling anything?

Maybe something is wrong with my setup. Step 10 calls to "run" the y-axis to Y243. This is not possible. When my machine is in "full contact" with the tools it's at Y228 - any ideas for this?

Unbenannt.PNG

Thank you for help,
    Greets
    Max

2. Greg_The_Maker

Greg_The_Maker Administrator
    Staff Member

hi,

The numbers are based on the Bowden v6 build and are designed as a guide. Given the modularity and wide range of possible configurations it is not practical to have guides for all options. You'll need to adjust the numbers for the Hemeras.

This video will be of help, as will many of his other videos.

3. MacNite

MacNite Member

Thank you.
    I already found this information and adjusted the tool positions. Now I just have to do the first test print and xyz calibration.
    I really think it is shoddy that E3D does not give a hint for the "wrong" tool position in the assembly instructions. But this is easy to fix.

Greets
    Max