E3D-V6 Experience

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by TheWongs, Jun 1, 2014.

1. TheWongs

TheWongs New Member

A short story...

After building my i3 and playing for a while, the cheap hot end decided to spew plastic all over the place. I decided to do an internet search for a decent hot end. The E3D stuff grabbed my attention, so decided to order one to try it. When I got to the E3D website, I saw the v6 was just released and noticed a message telling me there would be a 7 - 10 day wait. I decided to go ahead and order, prepared to wait for the latest version.

That was in the early hours of 30/05/14. Later that morning, I got an email to say my item was shipped and today (31st) at 9.45am, the postman knocked my door and handed me a E3D-V6! Now that's service!

About an hour later, the V6 was installed, calibrated (roughly) and tested. I have to say that I am so impressed that it's hard to find the words. My first PLA print was way better than any others that I've done (I've been printing everything in PLA since building the i3 about 4 months ago). My first test print was a gear wheel that gave problems with my old hot end.

The only bad thing I can possibly find to say is that I finished the complimentary Haribo sweets before I'd finished the upgrade. :roll:

My faith in customer service has now been restored! Many thanks to the guys who make this all possible!

2. warrmr

warrmr Member

:-( I placed an order at 04:40am on the 30th with the hopes of it arriving on the Saturday morning like yours did, I must have ordered just that little bit too late as my order is still processing due to the high number of orders on opening weekend.

Hopefully it arrives tomorrow as it looks like a brilliant bit of kit and will sort my jaming issues with PLA on the Makibox.

Did you order yours Royal Mail Tracked or Interlink Express NBD Shipping if you don't mind me asking.

3. warrmr

warrmr Member

Looks like I was being slightly impatient, my hit end has now been shipped.

4. Josh

Josh Administrator
    Staff Member

Cheers TheWongs :)

We have been trying our best to get everything out of the door as quickly as possible to all you excited customers!