E3D v6 jam poll

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by Paulnd, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Paulnd

Paulnd Member

Hi,

I received my v6 hotend a few weeks ago but I'm hesitant to install it given that some users are experiencing jamming, I thought that it may be useful to understand the extent of the problem.

I hope that the mods are ok with this?

Paul

2. Ralph Hilton

Ralph Hilton Well-Known Member

I would suggest that more data is needed for a comprehensive picture. PLA/ABS, extrusion temperature, measured filament width range, type of fan. I suspect that only a small percentage of users are experiencing heavy problems.

3. PLAgoaway

PLAgoaway Member

Probably a good idea to see if people are experiencing any problems at all. If there's a large portion whom are actually having a problem, a more extensive poll could be submitted. I think this is a great idea.

Don't want to give e3d a bad rep, but personally I would suggest staying away from the V6 hotend, I don't know about the others. And just to make sure, many got the hotend working from the moment they mounted it to their printer, I just didn't, and I'd like to think I'm not retarded at these things, so yeah, personally, no.

4. Eaglezsoar

Eaglezsoar Administrator

I am one of those whose V6 has worked perfectly with PLA, and ABS. Three different nozzle sizes and absolutely no jams, plugs
    or anything but very nice prints. So for me, it is the best hotend on the market. I have no explanation of why it works perfectly
    for some but not for others.

5. Ralph Hilton

Ralph Hilton Well-Known Member

Given that there are no votes for occasional jams it seems to me that this is not a subtle factor. To my list of things above I would add -
    How hot does the bottom fin of the heatsink feel? cool/warm/hot.
    How far is the top of the hotend block from the bottom fin of the heatsink?

6. LdyMox

LdyMox Member

Thus far my E3Dv6 has been working smoothly :)

7. greenalien

greenalien Member

So far, I've had no problems with my E3D-v6 hotend. I agree with Ralph Hilton that much more data is needed from those who are getting regular jamming - to his list of variables, perhaps we should add 'supplier' as contaminated feedstock must be a likely contender. There's such a variety of prices from online suppliers that some must be cutting corners to keep their prices down!

8. manuya

manuya Member

sorry but I think the problem is the quality of the product, some times is not good.
    There are too many variables and quality should not be one of them.