E3d v6 lite Heat Sink temperature and PLA jamming Fan Types_ Updated and solved

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by moth4017, Oct 4, 2015.

1. moth4017

moth4017 Member

I'm having a lot of pla jamming issues with my new v6 lite extruder.
    Reading most of the posts on this forum there is no mention of what the actual temperature of the fins should be near the heat block, in the docs on the e3d site it just states cool to the touch!

So I measured mine between the Botton two fins on the centre tube.
    I'm getting 61 deg. C with the extruder set to 220 deg. C.

Please could some of you on here make the same measurements.

I'm suspecting my fan may not be performing correctly

I purchased a couple of Fans while I'm waiting for the guys at e3d to send me a replacement.
    by the way fantastic support from e3d I have dealt deal with 100's of companies and they are very good ..

results from hot end set at 220 Deg C and measured temp between bottom 2 fins
    Fan type...................................... fin Temp Deg C.......................................Jamming issue
    sirocco yx2501 30 x 30 x 6............ 58 ...................................................... randomly
    Multicomp MC36310 ......................51......................................................... 2 jams in 4 hours of printing
    E3d fan....................................... ....41................................................ None yet :)

Also the first fan I had from e3d was only drawing 60mA the new one is 105mA m so a good check to see if it is running correctly

#1 moth4017, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  2. e3duser

e3duser Active Member

Probably is something else beside this.

3. moth4017

moth4017 Member

Problem Solved :)