E3D-V6 on 3Drag

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by digimatic, Jan 5, 2015.

1. digimatic

digimatic Member

Hi

Just registered to say I am really pleased, My printer is self built but most of the hardware came from a 3Drag kit.

Since I have had it I have been using a .5mm J Head hotend but I wanted to get into ABS and Nylon and the PEEK on my J Head had started to fail after about 100 hours of printing PLA, So I thought I'd give the E3D a go.

Bought one from E3d-online, went together nicely (whilst munching the provided Haribo sweets :) ) and everything seems really good quality. With a custom mount it goes nicely onto my 3Drag extruder. Figured I would have a night of messing about before getting good prints again but no...I was already using a type 5 thermistor so I just reset my slicer to use .4mm. Recalibrated the Z axis and first PLA print came out great !

Can't wait to start trying other plastics without fear of meltdowns.

2. Noel Dillane

Noel Dillane Member

Is this still going well as I am having no luck with my K8200

3. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

Yes just replied to your other thread. So many prints and apart from the jamming issue when there are lots of retractions on small prints it's been great. Trying the heatsink compound trick tonight. Not doing so much now because I've reached the end of what that printer can do I feel and I'm on the kickstarter for the bigbox :)