E3d's leadscrew Motor with POM nut "wobble"

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by boldnuts, Jun 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. boldnuts

boldnuts Member

Hi guys I am after some advice regarding my recent purchasing of 2 Z axis leadscrews/motors form E3d, https://e3d-online.com/leadscrew-motor

After installing them I found that the amount of wobble on the lead screw was horrendous so sent them back for replacement, but unfortunately the replacements are just as bad, please see video. I am having to use antiwobble mounts on the lead screws nuts it's that bad!

Is this to be accepted as normal as they have informed me?

2. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

Tried to run video this am "An error occurred. Please try again later. Tried yust now 16:24, same message.

I guess this is the motor with the built in lead screw? Seems like a nuts idea to me as if the alignment isn't 101% perfect then it can ever be put right. In theory it is better IF it is perfect. The old-fashioned way means lots of adjustment but of course still does not compensate for an out of true lead screw. The advantage of separate parts is that you can just replace the lead screw, plus (as in the BigBox case) you have to take the whole base apart to change the motor (it is NOT a "drop-in" part. And feed it through from underneath? ................ Am I missing something here?

Checking the separate lead screw is easy, just roll it on a surface plate of a piece of flat glass to see how out of straight it is, and use a feeler gauge to measure how out of true it is. In the built in case this test is still possible with the motor hanging off the side, but if wonky then the whole unit goes back.

I'm sure someone also got a better make of lead screw for the discrete parts approach.

3. boldnuts

boldnuts Member

That's odd as the video is working for me, I will be sending them back to E3D for a full refund this week anyway.

4. Old_Tafr

I guess you own the location where the video is stored (Google drive?) unless you share this then it will be inaccessible to anyone else.

5. boldnuts

boldnuts Member

Just checked the link, sharing is on

6. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

Looks like a bent lead screw, I'm not sure why shipping damage is something to get mad at E3D for.

7. boldnuts

boldnuts Member

More very disappointed as it's the second lot from them, and I did inform them about the bad packaging first time around

8. Old_Tafr

Video still don't work, I guess it will work for you as you own the place it's stored in.