Easy access?

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Large, May 19, 2016.

1. Large

Large Active Member

I'm still missing some parts for my build. My biggest concern at the moment is the lack of the PT100 Dual Amp cable. Is it, without too much effort, possible to install this after the machine is completed?
    Same thing with the LCD enclosure. Can I wait with this one untill everything else is completed?

2. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

Wait for the cable to arrive, e3d are quick in sending replacement parts.

This cable which runs from under the base, out of the back of printer, up the back and in a loop over to the X-Carriage is run in groups in sleeving which help identify where things connect.

Connecting the cables through the hatch in the base (that feed through a hole in the base at the back of the printer) to the Rumba is fiddly, best to have them all in place before you start.

Also the base is a total pain to fit/remove....(use gaffa tape to hold the base in place + use gaffa tape as a hinge when closing the base) ........check a hundred posts here on the forum.

If you can make lots of the clips to hold the nut traps in place that helps for the base, but particularly for the supports that are between the lower part of the build area and the base itself. (the build instructions suggest tape..... a more permanent solution like the clips found elsewhere here are far better.)

The LCD electronics connect to the Rumba board with two ribbon cables, it should be possible to connect these with the base in place, the instructions are quite good on this... so.....

This is a good time to read through the destructions prior to the PT100 cable arriving. :)

Large likes this.
  3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

If you are talking about this or this cable then you can continue. Those cables are accessible without dismounting the base.

That is not correct for the cables I linked.

Large likes this.
  4. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

This is ok, the LCD enclosure is a separate assembly you can easily mount and dismount from the completed machine it is just loosen all the nut traps which hold it in place and the two cables. You can either connect them to the RUMBA in advance to drive them under the RUMBA as shown in the manual or do that afterwards, a bit tricky but not too much.
    They are long enough to have space to work and remove the enclosure far enough to disconnect them...

Large likes this.
  5. Crashbombs

Crashbombs Well-Known Member

This is so weird, everyone one says the nut traps are the devil and what not, but I literally had zero problems with them. As for the base I tipped the whole thing on the left side, snugged up a screw in the lower right corner and used a screwdriver to poke the 5 supports into place. It all just kind of popped together for me in less than 10mins.

Also I realize this post is super old, but I just got mine together so now I can contribute! lol