EasyE3DMount generation 2 for Ultimaker

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by Musti, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Musti

Musti Member

I would like to share with you the my new E3D mount design based on the already popular generation 1. It features the new and exciting magnetic mounted fan, allowing for quick swapping with different fan duct designs as well as removing it for printing ABS and quickly gaining more space. Using cheap and small neodymium magnets and spring loaded contacts, you have the freedom to customize your cooling experience with more fans, different configurations and more.

Please find the source: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:145988

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Josh

Josh Administrator
    Staff Member

This is great! Very cool design, those contacts are particularly innovative - I guess you switch between PLA/ABS a lot?

A very high quality post and puts you in the running for our prize! I have taken the liberty of putting a link to your post in the competition thread. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5&p=165#p165

3. Musti

Musti Member

Thanks for entering this post. It is not that much about switching between ABS and PLA, as the fan is needed with ABS sometimes as well. But across multiple printers I am running, different fan designs can be swapped and optimized for the part you are printing. Some need two fans for serious cooling, some need cooling very close to the nozzle, while others just general cooling. This approach enables the versatility of fan aattachments.

I am getting the contact plates made professionally, so it will be a bit cleaner then these hand made.

4. Eaglezsoar

Eaglezsoar Administrator

Very good work and quite innovative. Thinking outside the box is nice and sharing it with us is also nice.
    Show us a picture of the product when you get the professionally made plates.