Edge Delamination

Discussion in 'Filament' started by Josh C., Apr 2, 2017.

1. Josh C.

Josh C. Member

Hello everyone, I have been using my E3D BigBox for about 2 months and it has been printing well until two days ago. For the past two days, my prints have been delaminating when I pull it off the print bed. This problem happened with acrylic and now with edge. Does anyone have any idea why this problem has been happening?

2. A Dragon In A Pie Costume

A Dragon In A Pie Costume Well-Known Member

check your thermistor, the connection is iffy and will give you a wrong reading which leads to incorrect temps that case bad layer aghesion, it should be the same as the bed when its cold and just turned on

3. Ephemeris

Ephemeris Well-Known Member

Pie's suggestion makes sense. If a polyester like edge is delaminating (horizontal layers are separating) your extrusion temperature is too low.

4. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

Also make sure your Edge is super dry. It's seems almost as sensitive as Nylon (not quite, nothing is that crazy), but I've set up rotating spools in my PrintDry so each print I am pulling out a fresh spool, and with super dry edge, these prints are indestructible

5. Josh C.

Josh C. Member

Thanks for the advice! The problem with my edge was just nozzle temperature but I have some acrylic that I didn't know how to dehumidify

6. A Dragon In A Pie Costume

A Dragon In A Pie Costume Well-Known Member

if you can, the best option is a fruit dehydrator
    otherwise place in oven with an open door at 150-200°f for about an hour(50-70c i believe)

and remember to watch it to make sure it doesnt start to melt or anything

7. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

You can dry it on your heated bed. Pop the reel in a plastic bag with a couple of desiccant pouches and leave it to cook for a couple of hours at 60C; works for me!

Ephemeris likes this.