EDGE filament to print replacement parts

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Ray, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Hi E3D,

I have assembled my Big Box Dual however one part broke when I inserted one of the screws into it.

My question is that I would like to print a replacement part and I may also want to print the revised v1.1 parts (if/when a dual direct drive Titan is made available), for consistency I want to print all the parts in black Edge filament, originally it was mentioned that this would be available a few months ago, however it still doesn't appear to be listed on your site, do you know when this will be available?.

2. jawaswag

jawaswag Member

Hi Ray,

You may get a faster response if you email them. Though a post in a forum is good knowledge-sharing. :) hope you get an answer soon!

3. Falc.be

Falc.be Well-Known Member

Use colorfabb xt, its basicly the same

4. Steven Burns

Steven Burns Well-Known Member

Are all of the BB parts printed with Edge or is an addition material used? The reason I ask is can I print the entire hybrid with XT or do I need HT as well?

5. Falc.be

Falc.be Well-Known Member

You will need some parts in HT, they are in a seperate folder called high temperature

6. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

I reprinted the carriage in XT and it does indeed look indistinguishable from edge.

7. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Do you think that XT will have all the same shrinkage/expansion parameters as Edge at different temperatures? i.e. can you mix parts that screw/bolt together or should all parts that physically get assembled together be re-printed in just one material?

8. Steven Burns

Steven Burns Well-Known Member

I just saw a tweet from RichRap with a new box of Edge. Does anyone know when it will be available for purchase?