Err: MaxTemp

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by kamakaze, Feb 29, 2016.

1. kamakaze

kamakaze Member

Hi! I have problem with my new Big-Box - I got error Err: MaxTemp and nothing happen if I try to press my LCD button - is that normal that settings are not available in this error case and what I should double check?

This was first start so I there is something wrong in settings. How I can debug this better. It is hard to know where is problem because I have dual. I am very familiar with 3D printers and I have good multimeter/oscilloscope , but I am not sure what are normal resistances in all cables.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Hey there, be sure to check out the connections for your PT100, it will error out if disconnected and the Arduino will halt everything to protect the electronics.

3. kamakaze

kamakaze Member

Please be more specific - of cause I checked cables, but please tell what resistance I should get in these wire. How I can check these?

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

What resistance are you getting for starters? I haven't memorized the number yet (haven't needed to). First step is just figuring out if you have an open circuit or short circuit.

It looks to me like PT100's are Positive Temperature Coefficient, so a short circuit would result in a high reading http://www.micropik.com/PDF/pt100.pdf

So somewhere your wire is probably shorted.

I'm only as specific as necessary to convey what troubleshooting steps to do :) The simplest solution (short circuit or improperly connected wire) is usually the correct one.

e: here's some more info regarding the vout from the amplifier board to check those: http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/E3D_PT100_Amplifier_Documentation

#4 Mike Kelly, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  5. kamakaze

kamakaze Member

Problem wasn't short cut. it was one too loose connection. Thanks!