ERR: MINTEMP BED

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Stigern, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Stigern

Stigern Well-Known Member

Hi, just got my Big Box Pro factory assembled, and

My display reads: ERR: MINTEMP BED

Just before I go searching for a loose wire, any pointers to where I look first?

2. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

back right of the print bed, and then on electronics in the base are the only two places it plugs in. My bet is on the electronics in the base coming loose.
    Take a look at this pic from the guide: http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/File:Fun_therm.jpg I think its the little red and black cable.

Mike Kelly likes this.
  3. Stigern

Thanks for your quick reply, I think your right about it being on the main board.

Now I've loosened all the screws.... and I'm missing one square nut, to my luck it's gone into the power supply somehow...

But, I found the loose cable. But I'm worried about assembling it with a slight chance of a loose nut inside somewhere :p

4. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

Nuts? I don't think mine is sealed with nuts. Did you open the "inner" ones? I think the outside bolts are just loose but not sure I didn't get that far in my build it's still a work in progress.

I agree don't power on with a lone nut in there, time to dig out a torch or tip it, good luck on your hunt!

5. Stigern

Found it :)

Printer is now assembled and working. But I did a mistake when opening the bottom, the PI SD card broke in half :p
    Well, got plenty of those laying around. At first I thought they left something behind in the production, until I discovered the other half still in the micro sd slot.

Pierce likes this.
  6. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

Can always plug in via USB as a work around while you get it sorted :)