ERR MINTEMP

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Marcin, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Marcin

Marcin Member

My bigbox Hybrid dual has been working correctly for some time. Then i decided to move it to another room. After that I've been getting ERR MINTEMP each time I powered it up. I checked all temperature sensors connections as well as checking their resistance near Rumba board (to exclude possibility of broken cables all the way down to Rumba board) and everything appeared to be correct. After disconnecting one PT100 from the amplifier I got another set of strange problems as one hotend temperature was read as 250 C and bed temperature about 104 C (and it wasn't heated up of course). The second hotend displayed correct temperature.
    So, what should I do next?

2. Greg Holloway

Greg Holloway Administrator
    Staff Member

Have you tried swapping them around?

3. Marcin

Marcin Member

If by "swapping them around" you meant connecting pt100 cable from 1st sensor to 2nd amplifier and 2nd cable to 1st amplifier, I just did it and the problems were identical: when everything is connected i get ERR MINTEMP, when I disconnect sensor cable from pt100 amplifier in the back (same as before), the printer reads some erratic temperatures on heatbed (around 103 C) and 1st hotend(around 253 C).

4. Marcin

Marcin Member

An update:
    It appears to be a rumba's fault, it looks like i has no connection to some pins - those responsible for bed thermistor and yellow cable from one of pt100 amplifiers.

5. Marcin

Marcin Member

I fixed it:
    Simply changed the firmware to use other pins than the original ones, though it appears one pt100 may require replacement, but I don't think it caused a problem as now it doesn't give err mintemp, only reads higher temperature.