Err: Too Far! Need help with Z offset

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Kanedias, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

It seems no matter what I do when I autohome the bed stays offset by a full MM. (using a feeler gauge)

I ran through the steps on the build manual but that's where I'm at and I now have "Err: Too far" on the info screen.

Can anyone help? I'm in GMT timezone if some kind soul wants to do a hangout and talk me through it. I am not a clever man. :(

2. Dave

Dave New Member

I've got exactly the same problem.

After everything the stress level and amount of time it took me to build I have to keep stopping so I don't throw it through a window.

Jarrett likes this.
  3. Kanedias

Okay, so what I think I missed was you need to read the power on portion at the same time. This means you level the IR sensor to the head. So drop the bed by going into prepare, move Z axis down and set the offset to -5. Then power cycle and start. That should clear the too far error.

When you follow the steps and do an autohome at the end it DOESN'T finish at the offset you've set. To check it you have to manually move the bed till it says 0.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Do you have a pro or a dual?

5. Kanedias

Pro. I got it done and added a bit to the wiki to make it a little clearer for anyone who gets stuck like me.

6. Michael Frampton

Michael Frampton Well-Known Member

Err..too far.same here.have dual 1.1 recieved last week.no calibration in menu as found in downloaded build instructions. Relied on auto level and kept changing z offset but still miles away :(

7. Michael Frampton

Michael Frampton Well-Known Member

Would of prefered to level bed manually but was not given that option..is the dual the only version without the calibrate option?

8. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

Wondering the same thing. I however have mine set too close... I am not seeing the whole mesh leveling step that the build manual refers to for dual. I press level and it just goes to four points without any option to adjust anything. Confused! Attempted to start a print for the hell of it but it is too close to the bed for anything to be extruded. Not sure what to do. Had to stop before I started smashing things.