experience of mounting a titan for the first time

Discussion in 'Titan' started by jfpion, May 6, 2016.

1. jfpion

jfpion Member

from th wiki the notic is quite good but (there always a "but" !) more snapshots could be useful for the non english natives ( the part about the length of the screw is a bit cryptic and could need some picture)

it is not easy to screw the grub in the metal gear because there is no room for the hex wrench. it could be a good idea for an evolution 2 to make a hole in the body part to have the hex wrench inline with the grub. need to add some plastic on the front to keep the strength. you could easily make it on the left side (from the front view under the nut channel ) without weakening the body too much.

i got a pb with the already fitted brass nut near the hot end emplacement: the nut get loose beacause it's too small (or the hole to big) and i could not tighten the screw because it was turning in the hole. i needed to glue it back in place.

every thing else is perfect

thank you

sorry for the approximative english, i'm french.

2. jfpion

jfpion Member

rectification the cyanacrylate glue doesn't stick ! so i has to use the hot way: the thin tip of a soldering iron to heat the nut and push it inside the melted plastic titan insert.jpg

now it doesn't move anymore and i can finish the extruder !

3. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

Well done!