Extruder for Fireball V90 CNC

Discussion in 'General' started by nicolap8, May 2, 2014.

1. nicolap8

nicolap8 New Member

Hi,
    I've a Fireball V90 CNC and I'm searching for an extruder. I want to buy a complete extruder, being a beginner here I'm not able to select all required parts. Can you help me?
    Thanks

2. Eaglezsoar

Eaglezsoar Administrator

Re: searching for an extruder

We would need a fireball V90 to suggest parts for it. Without having one it would be virtually impossible to know how to mount one or to even know what to recommend. Your best bet would be to go to the forum for the Fireball and ask the guys on that
    forum the same question. They are intimately familiar with the Fireball. Sorry not to be of more help.

3. Josh

Josh Administrator
    Staff Member

Re: searching for an extruder

Hi Nicolap,

Where did you get the idea from to do the conversion? I would recommend that you use a direct 1.75mm HotEnd. You will need to find an appropriate direct-drive extruder that you can modify for your needs and mount on the Z-Axis of the Fireball.

I assume that you will be wanting to print fairly large objects, so you should consider a 0.8mm nozzle - these will be in stock for 1.75mm filament when we launch v6 - so in your case, I advise waiting another couple of weeks until then!

The resolution seems to be very good according to this site (http://probotix.com/FireBall_Comet_cnc_router/) so you should be on to a winner.

What sort of materials are you planning to print?