Extruder printing issues

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Buckaroosan, May 14, 2016.

1. Buckaroosan

Buckaroosan Member

Ok, this is an interesting one. I can run the calibration to do the esteps to get the proper 100mm of filament with no issues. But when I try to actually print it will not push the filiment through the nozzle. Like it is jammed or clogged. I do the filament calibration again and it runs just fine. Took the Extruder apart completely to make sure there were no jams or clogs and everything is just smooth as it should be. Stumped.

2. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

What temperature did you do the 100 mm calibration at? And check your slicer (simplify3d?) and if you used the default nozzle temp (which is megga tooooo low for E3D Everyday filament). Edit Process Settings Temp Tab, Highlight Primary extruder on the left.

Cough... if it's a dual was the slicer set to heat the correct nozzle?

3. Buckaroosan

Buckaroosan Member

210, everything seemed to go correctly with the 100mm calibration but when I print the extruder motor clicks and the filament slips. but only when I print, but not with a manual extrusion. Using Cura, single extruder.

4. Old_Tafr

If you are using OctoPrint maybe you could look at the temperature at the point printing tries to start?

In simplify3d there is a setting to have the print only start when the bed and nozzle are up to temperature.

5. Buckaroosan

Buckaroosan Member

The first thing that I printed was a test print to calibrate temperature for a spool of PLA. Everything worked just fine. Perfect infact. Then I did the same with some ABS and couldnt get it to stick to the bed so I went back to the PLA and this starts.

6. Buckaroosan

Buckaroosan Member

Ok so, I reset all defaults and recalibrated everything. and it is working now...so the ol, try turning it on and off again, and recalibrate solution

7. Old_Tafr

I have the original firmware and things work, but the one thing I did do not originally mentioned in the build doc was to "factory reset" the Rumba.

8. Old_Tafr

9. Buckaroosan

Buckaroosan Member

I found out the problem. My nozzle was too close to the bed and it could not extrude the filament as quickly as is wanted too.