Extruders mixed up

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Jarrett, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

So I managed to get a test print started on my BB Hybrid Dual Titan (kind of) except my extruders are backwards. I thought maybe the motors were backwards so I switched E0 and E1 on the Rumba. I went in a very roundabout way to try and force myself to get a print to work (getting frustrated) by telling S3D to use the left nozzle. This did print the file using the right side nozzle, but it printed offset to the right.

So I understand I must truly fix this instead of trying to half ass it. FYI, the left nozzle is showing number 2 on the LCD display and the right nozzle is number 1. So now that I made a mess of it, what wires need to be switched to get it to stock (besides the E0 and E1 as I know that should be easy enough since I did it)? I am guessing I reversed just about all the wires probably when installing? Is there any easy fix that doesn't require changing every one?

#1 Jarrett, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  2. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

Anyone? To maybe further clarify, the temps and heaters do seem to work properly. When I tell extruder 1 to heat to 210 the right nozzle does heat up to that temp and read it properly, same thing for the left nozzle as extruder 2.

Do I just have the red/black wires from hotends to the PT100s and the yellow heater cartridge wires both mixed up?

3. TimV

TimV Well-Known Member

Hotend + PT100's + Motors need to be switched to be stock.

4. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

Looks like I just confused a lot of the wiring, I switched it around and it works now! If I did it all again I'd add labels to the ends of each cable instead of just calling them the "larger group of cables" as in the build guide.