Fan confusion

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Julian64, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Julian64

Julian64 Active Member

Confused regarding the build manual with respect to the fans. (dual hybrid)

I have three fans only. Two hotend fans (black and red) and a large ducted fan on the back which ducts to the rear of both print nozzles (black and white)

Am I right in assuming the build manual is wrong then, and I should connect the two hot end fans in FAN0 (right), and only one black and white connector in FAN0.

In effect the rumba always brings the hotend fans on together but has the option of switching only the rear fan on and off as a supplement?

build manual shows two black and white connectors when I only have one

2. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

3. Julian64

Julian64 Active Member

Thanks, it confused me as the build manual had been changed to show the later single fan but still had the two connectors and therefore showing the wiring that didn't fit.

Just before that I was having to trace out the pt100 to amplifier as the build manual is suggesting it was a red and white and mine is a read and black without the safety clip that fits on the end of the pt100 connector.

I got worried enough to have to unassembled the bottom of the big box again to trace the wires :(

Probably sensible as I had to stop trusting the manual and start understanding it rather than blindly following.

Thanks for the help.